Membership Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of Membership?
- Complimentary High Holiday Tickets
- Complimentary Adult Education Classes
- Complimentary Services of the Clergy (for lifecycle events, counseling and support)
- Discounted Room Rental (discounted fee to use a room at the synagogue) *(Subject to maintenance & catering charges)
- Complimentary enrollment in TBE Member Rewards (discounts to local businesses in the area)
- Shabbat and Holiday Services
- New Member and Member Appreciation Events
- 10% reduction on ECC and Camp fees
- Discount rates to holiday dinners, celebrations & events.
- Access to our Religious School, Early Childhood Center, Elementary School, Youth Group and Summer Camp
- You will receive our monthly bulletin: Koleinu and weekly e-blasts with up to date happenings
- Access to TBE social groups: Mommy &Me, Sisterhood, Men’s Club, Choir & Band, Youth Group & Bookie Groups (groups that discuss hot topics & text study), Bereavement Group, Jr. Choir & so much more!
- Access to programs: Holiday Celebrations and Dinners, Mitzvah Day, NoshFest, Annual Gala, TBE Retreat Leadership: Co-chairing or Joining Committees to Run Events, Positions on the Board of Directors
What Membership Categories do you offer?
Family: 2 adults with at least 1 child in K - 12th grade; single adults under 35, young couples as well as elderly parents living in your house may be included in your membership
Single Parent: 1 adult with at least 1 child in Kindergarten - 12th grade
Single: single adult 30 and over
Senior Family: both adults over 65
Empty Nester: no children living at home
Young Family: both adults under 35, with children enrolled in our ECC
Young Couple: adults under 35, no children attending any program
Associate: individuals who maintain membership in good standing with another synagogue
Other Categories: Ask us about Young Single, Community Supporter, Legacy Partners
What if the membership categories above don’t apply to me?
Call us and we will work with you to determine your appropriate category or even design one for you.
What is the Guardian Society (Mitzvah Membership)?
Temple Beth Emet remains committed to being accessible to every person seeking Jewish community. By adding a gift to your membership through the Guardian Society program, you will help make Temple membership and Program Tuition possible for other individuals and families for whom the full cost of membership & tuition is out of reach. Please help us say “yes” to anyone who wants to belong to our congregation and programs. This program helps families join or maintain their TBE membership and gives students the gift of Jewish education in our religious school. The Guardian Society is a group of our friends, partners and members who are committed to making Beth Emet even stronger than it is. They are also committed to keeping the Temple fiscally sound. Most levels of the Guardian Society offers the donor a gift in return for their contribution in addition to being invited for a special appreciation event and appropriate public acknowledgement (anonymous gifts will be honored). In addition, Guardian gifts enable us to do other projects that may not be covered by the general budget in the areas of programming and physical plant enhancements.
Do I have to pay my Annual Commitment in one payment?
You can pay all at once or you may schedule automatic equal installment payments over a period of 2 to 10 months. Payments will be charged the 1st of each month from July 1st – April 1st.
How do I make a request for adjustment of annual commitment based on special circumstance?
Temple Beth Emet shall consider all requests for annual commitment for adjustment based on financial circumstances.
Please contact Laura Goodman, Director of Engagement and Programming, at 954-680-1882 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Financial Adjustment Request Form.